Pacific Online allows webmail users to share resources like calendars with other users of your domain. The types of items that can be shared include:
- Email Folders
- Task Lists
Sharing a resource, such as a calendar or e-mail folder, will allow the users you specify to access the resource with a pre-determined permission level.
To share a resource (in this example your calendar), follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the settings menu and click on My Shared Resources.
- Click on the Add Share button.
- Select the Item or folder you would like to share and click Next.
- Select who you would like to Share with:
- User - A user is a single person on your domain.
- Group - A group is a set of users that fall under a similar department, permission level, or role. Your domain administrator can add and modify these user groups.
- Choose an access level:
- None - This resource is not shared with the user. This setting is useful if you give permissions to a group but want a specific user to be denied permission.
- Availability-Only (Calendars only) - This setting is used to show availability for you if the user clicks on the availability link when adding a calendar item. Other than this functionality, the calendar acts as if it is not shared.
- Read-Only - Grants view access to the resource, which lets the other user see your information, without granting any permission to change or modify the resource in any way.
- Full Control - The user that has this permission can do everything on the resource that you can, including moving items, changing things, and even deleting information.
- Save the user or group and repeat the process as needed. More than one user can be added at a time by putting each username on a separate line.
Note: The steps are very similar for each of the resource types. Just make sure you are viewing the resource you want to share when you click on the Sharing button.
Opening Shared Resources
To connect to a shared resource, perform the following steps:
- In the settings menu, click on My Mapped Resources.
- You will be presented with a list of all currently attached resources.
- Click on the Attach to Resource button.
- You can search for resources by name, or find one in the list and click on the attach link next to it.
- Enter a friendly name for the resource and click on Save .
The resource will now be available in the sidebar.
If you wish to detach from a resource, go into Open Shared... and click on the detach link next to the item.